3/24/2012

Passover Meditation #32 for the Lenten Season 2012


I+,
I+ AM
The VINE+,
you the branches.
The one abiding in ME+
and I+ in him
this one bears much fruit...
John 15:5a, Green's Greek Interlinear

What kind of fruit is The FATHER looking for from the branches, from us?  Our LORD JESUS told us in Mathew 5,6, and 7 what has value in His+ eyes, what weighs in for Eternity.

  • poor in spirit ... i.e., Self is not vaunting its will, its way
  •  
  • mournfulness, yearning ... over the Kingdom of GOD
  •  
  • meek ... teachable and correctable
  •  
  • hungering and thirsting after righteousness...not coveting  worldly status
  •  
  • merciful in heart ... giving the benefit of the doubt 
  •  
  • pure in heart ... single of eye
  •  
  • peacemaking ... taking our Self to the cross instead of to the judge
  •  
  • enduring during persecution
  •  
  • enduring during defamation of character, for JESUS' sake
  •  
  • letting the credit for good works go to The FATHER instead of to you
  •  
O LORD JESUS, I empty me of Self. I want to be un-encumbered so that I can bear fruit unto THEE+, the AUTHOR AND GIVER OF LIFE+.  Take my life and let it be ever , always, LORD, for THEE+.

No comments: