12/05/2012

Advent Meditations 2012

What shall I bring HIM+, small as I am ?
ADVENT MEDITATIONS 2012


~ ~ ~ The All-Encompassing GOD ~ ~ ~
Luke 1:26-55

Meditation 4



29 And when she saw him, she was troubled
at his saying, and cast in her mind
what manner of salutation this should be.

Troubled... at being so honored in a greeting by the great Angelic Warrior GABRIEL who to this day, this very moment  stands in the Presence of The LORD . 

Yes, and well might any person on earth be so troubled, no matter how important a personage one might be.

Yet, here was a lowly, un-assuming, pure, and faith-filled young Hebrew virgin being addressed so royally !

Mariam knew she was lowly and from a rustic area. Her highest goal in life likely was  to marry and raise children --- hopefully to adulthood in those hard times --- and live to see her grand-babies. A normal life, a normal goal.

Meditation

O LORD GOD Who treasures the lowly ones, the ones who are poor in spirit, I yield unto THEE my inflated opinion of myself.

I see, O LORD, that THOU art not impressed by human skills, knowledge, and earthly importance. 

All things that lift me up, O LORD, I give unto THEE.  All things that would cause others to admire me, I place on Thy+ altar. All things , these, cause me to stumble. 

Help me to don the cloak of lowliness in my inner man... so that I can be truly useful to THEE, for Thy Kingdom's work.

I thank THEE+, Dearest FRIEND+, for calling me "brother." 

+  +  + 

No comments: