12/12/2012

Advent Meditations 2012


Oh, Come! Let us adore HIM+ !
 Meditation  11

And Mariam said, Behold the handmaid of the LORD; be it unto me according to Thy Word. And the Angel departed from her. Luke 1:38 

Behold, a true Servant of The LORD.  Called to receive ignominy, condemnation, and accusations , the Hebrew virgin Mariam gave herself over to do The LORD'S Will.

Her intent:  to please The LORD... no matter what happened to her in the future. Stoning. Rejection. Loneliness. No home of her own amongst "decent" society. No husband. No income. Raising a child who would be an outcast, also... even among family.

Yes, The Holy CHILD JESUS growing in her womb as a normal baby would become  The Outcast+ of all outcasts.  

That is why HE+ could say :
 "Come unto ME+ all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I +  will give you rest.  Take My+ yoke upon you and learn of ME+.  For I+ am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

Meditation

O Chief SHEPHERD and BISHOP+ of our souls, form in me an unshakable intent to please THEE+, no matter the cost to Self.

Remove from me the lust to control. Make me soft and pliable in Thy Hands. Thy+ Will, O LORD, Thy+ Will ... my goal in Life.

Bless THOU+ O Perfect Savior, Who+ learned obedience by the things THOU+ didst suffer.

Bless THOU+, O Holy ONE+, Who+ was an outcast so that THOU+ couldst welcome all outcasts  unto THEE+.

Bless THOU:  O FATHER, SON+, and HOLY SPIRIT.


No comments: