2/18/2021

Interactive LENTEN Meditation #1 ~ WHOSE Will ?


Interactive LENTEN Meditation #1

[ In these INTERACTIVE Meditations, please fill in the blank with answers from the verse above. You may do this in your mind or write out the answers and send them to me in a Blog Comment. ]

John 6:38

For I+ came down from Heaven,

not to do Mine+ own Will,

but the Will of HIM that sent ME+.

 

Q.  1:  Where did The LORD JESUS come from ? ____________

Yes, as this verse states,  The LORD JESUS came down from Heaven.

HE+ was part of The ELOHIM, the GODHEAD, sometimes called the Trinity in Christian teaching. 

The word “Trinity” is not written in the New Testament, but the concept is there of GOD being identified as: 

The FATHER, 

The SON+ JESUS CHRIST,

 and the HOLY SPIRIT.

 

In Hebrew, The ELOHIM is the word for GOD but it is a plural. Like a collective noun, The ELOHIM always operates in unison as ONE. 

 

Q.  2:  Did The LORD JESUS have His+ own Will ? ___________

Yes, coming as the Son of Man, HE+ had His+ own Will.  That is why HE+ had to go through the temptations in the wilderness. 

 

Q.  3:  According to this verse, Why did HE+ come ?  _________________________________________________________

+  +  +

In the Garden, through the beatings, through the trial, and through the crucifixion, The LORD JESUS never veered from His+ Agreement with His+ FATHER’S Will.  They were agreed in one purpose, one Will. That made them ONE.

Let us pray:

LORD JESUS, I want to be ONE with YOU+.  Help me to deny my own Will and seek to do Your+ Will.

LORD JESUS, strengthen me to stay IN AGREEMENT with Your+ Will no matter what that agreement brings. 

If it brings sorrow, help me to embrace Your+ Will with joy.

If it brings pain, help me to thank You+ for Your+ will with hope, for Your+ Will is always working good for me.

If it brings conflict, help me to submit myself to that discomfort, knowing my peace abides only with YOU+.

O LORD, this I pray to YOU+, YOU+ Who+ are The PRINCE of PEACE . . . our LORD JESUS CHRIST.  Amen.

 

 

No comments: