2/25/2021

HOW Did HE+ Learn ? ~ Interactive LENTEN Meditation #7 ~ Hebrews 5:8

 

Hebrews 5:8

Though HE+ were a S0N+, yet learned HE+ obedience

by the things which HE+ suffered;

 

Q. 1 : The SON+ refers to  _____________, the SON+ of GOD.

Why did The SON+ of GOD have “to learn” obedience ?

HE+ had to learn obedience because HE+ took on 

the flesh of A __ __ m,  like all the other sons of Adam.

The Greek word for “obedience” is hupakouO. It is compounded from “under” ( hupa ) and the basic word for “acoustics” , which means “hearing”. 

We might think of it as submission.

Q. 2 : If The LORD JESUS had to learn ____________ , would we ?  ______

Q. 3 : How did HE+ learn obedience ?

HE+ learned obedience by what HE+ __________ . 

Since The LORD JESUS is our Example, how do we learn obedience ?  ________________________________________

+  +  +

The Adamic man learns in a peculiar fashion.  We simply do NOT learn by “words” but by experience.  In short, from babes to adulthood, we are all TACTILE learners. It has to TOUCH us before we actually learn.

When life is going smoothly, we are content. However, we are not learning much.

Our TRUE learning takes place when troubles touch us.

Troubles come that are not our choosing, so we are faced with a test: to walk through our troubles GOD’S way or to deal with the stress like we naturally would.

Our TESTING is always before us.

Do we pass the test ? The LORD JESUS passed HIS+ .

Passing the test, spiritually, means that we go through the troubles The LORD’S way, not Adam’s way. Not our natural way.

Because JESUS passed His+ TEST,

HE+ is able to help us pass

 every TEST of life we must face.

+  +  +

LET US PRAY:

O HOLY FATHER, Your Will for my life has always been GOOD.

YOU have blocked me from going down wrong paths. YOU have pulled me away from danger. YOU have stopped my head-strong move towards a phony peace which would have brought destruction.

How can I not trust Your Will when troubles up-end my Life ?

I will NOT cry about Your Will for my life ! 

 I will bless YOU and thank YOU for this hard place  where Your Hand has placed me. . . or at least allowed it.

Your Will is GOOD, even in death. Death of a dream or relationship, death of a home or life-style, or even the death of a Loved One.

YOU do all things well. All my suffering is allowed for one thing: to draw me closer to YOU and to Your SON+ JESUS.

 The LORD JESUS , Your SON+, learned obedience by the things which HE+ suffered and I will as well.

HE+ learned it for the JOY that was set before HIM+. So I will also count it all joy.

Help me, O LORD JESUS, when my strength fails.

Worthy is The LAMB+ that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength , and honor, and glory , and blessing ! Amen.

 

No comments: