2/12/2008

LENTEN MEDITATION 7

LENTEN MEDITATION 7

No, my young student did NOT come back to class eager to tackle the skill he miserably failed. (See Lenten Meditation 6).

With his reading material in front of him, he watched the clock, doodled with his pencil, took awhile to locate the correct page in his reading folder, and told me about his weekend. All the while, I was waiting to hear his determination re-surface … the determination to tackle that hard part, that part that caused him to hurt and me to ache, that part that was the means of his failure.

He avoided it assiduously.

But there I sat, smiling and listening and waiting for him to realize that he had to do what must be done… and only he could do it. I, the teacher, could not give him the determination to “get it right this time” if he didn’t will to do it better… if he didn’t will to tackle it with all his might.

When the LORD gives us lessons to learn, don’t we act this very same way ? Those hard lessons of life:
· giving thanks when every security but HIM+ crumbles;
· forcibly rejecting the spirits of depression, resentment, self-pity, and anger;
· turning our backs on those chronic situations with dear ones who refuse CHRIST JESUS as LORD … and continuing on to serve HIM+ with joy and delight regardless of unanswered (as of yet) prayer.

By all means, let us draw CLOSER to The LORD in these heart-wrenching situations, doing always those things that please HIM+. Yes, lay the state of affairs before HIM+ Who+ Made the Heavens and the Earth… but you go on unfettered in heart to serve HIM+. Never let these troubles break your union with HIM+. HE+ is your strength and your very sanity!

Listen to these words of wisdom, sung by Betty Jean Robinson, a warrior of GOD who has come through unmentionable heartaches … and stayed true to The LORD JESUS CHRIST.

I have one desire when I go out to meet HIM+
and lay my sheaves at HIS+ feet.

Just to hear HIM+ say, “Well done, faithful Servant
Enter in and be one with ME + .”

One with HIM+! One with JESUS ! Oh, I long
To be one with HIM+

To enter in to the HOLY of HOLIES, Oh, I long
To be one with HIM+

I plead the Blood, that blessed cleansing fountain,
That I may be one with HIM+.

Secure I rest upon His+ Holy Mountain,
Free to be one with HIM+.

My soul desires that sweet communion,
Oh, I long to be one with HIM+.


Let us pray:

Precious Savior, I come to you, bringing nothing except my little self. Draw me close to you, dear Savior. Help me not hide when I have pain to deal with. Grant me Thy power to walk through this life doing always those things that please THEE+. Look upon my reluctance to obey Thy Dealings with me, granting me a vision of your
good cheer and love. Thank you for lifting the burden from my heart and helping me when I truly cannot help myself. Oh, what a precious Savior THOU+ art!

In the name of The FATHER, The SON, and The HOLY
SPIRIT. Amen
.

No comments: