2/07/2008

LENTEN MEDITATION 2

LENTEN MEDITATION 2--- from Psalm 51
In PEACE+ let us pray to the LORD+

Have mercy upon me, O God,
according to thy lovingkindness:
according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies
blot out my transgressions.

Wash me throughly from mine iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions:
and my sin is ever before me.
Psalm 51:1-3

O THOU, Who knowest the thoughts and intents of my heart;
THOU Who cared for me before I was born;
THOU, Who knowest my down-sitting and up-rising…
Hear the cry of my heart as I look at my lack.
With dismay, O LORD, another year has gone by
and I’m not where I should be in discipline, in growth,
in my training for work in your camp.

Forgive my excuses and my self-indulgence.
Forgive my slovenly ways of serving THEE.
Forgive my broken commitments to you, O LORD,
and for being so easily removed from a steadfast discipline.
O look upon the weakness of my nature
and forgive me these things
of which I am sorely ashamed.

O gracious Heavenly FATHER, help me to chasten myself,
so that I need not to be chastened by THEE.
Strengthen me to submit my spirit
to Thy Word and Thy Ways.
Help me to turn away from Self-pleasing
and to no longer follow my own convenience,
but the Example Thy Beloved SON has put before me.

I pray these things in the Life-giving Name of Thy Beloved and Obedient SON, JESUS CHRIST, in Whom THOU wast well-pleased… Who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own Blood.

Worthy is the LAMB that was slain!
+ + +

No comments: