2/08/2008

LENTEN MEDITATION 3

Lenten Meditation 3

Excerpts from the Prayer of Manasseh, A Song of Penitence
from the 1979 Episcopal Book of Common Prayer

And now, O LORD, I bend the knee of my heart,
And make my appeal, sure of your gracious goodness.

I have sinned, O LORD, I have sinned,
And I know my wickedness only too well.

Therefore I make this prayer to you:
Forgive me, LORD, forgive me.

Do not let me perish in my sin,
Nor condemn me to the depths of the earth.

For you, O LORD, are the GOD
of those who repent
and in me you will show forth
your goodness.

Unworthy as I am, you will save me,
in accordance with your great mercy,
and I will praise you
without ceasing all the days of my life.

Your merciful promise is beyond all measure;
it surpasses all that our minds can fathom.

Blessed be the Kingdom of the FATHER, the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT. Amen.

No comments: