11/30/2016

The STING of OBEDIENCE







ADVENT MEDITATION # 4 
2016

JESUS CHRIST / Y'SHU+ the M'SHIKHA+
The Law Incarnate+
 
… versus …

[ "Now I'm saved; I can sin all I want to." ]

GOD FORBID!

+  +  +

JESUS / Y'SHU+ saith unto him,

I+ am The WAY,
The TRUTH+,
and the LIFE:

no man
cometh unto The FATHER,
but by ME+.

The Words of Our LORD,
John 14;6.

+  +  +
Mere outward appearance and outward observance of The Law WILL NOT MAKE a person Righteous.  No, rather, a person MUST BE IN AGREEMENT in his heart as well as in outward performance, with The TRUTH+. 

Our LORD JESUS / Y'SHU+

is

"The TRUTH+"

When we agree with The LORD in our heart, then something happens:  We change .  We change, replacing our wrong ways with The TRUTH+.


This change usually comes about through repentance. Indeed, the Greek word for repentance, "metanoeW" means a "change of mind." 


Something ELSE happens when we agree with The LORD in our heart: the forgiveness of others HE+ is requiring of us metamorphoses  from a heavy-handed Law which we do not wish to perform ... into a DELIGHT TO DO HIS+ WILL. From worm to butterfly, we change.

How is that accomplished ?  

His+ DELIGHT sits upon us when we agree in spirit and in TRUTH with HIM+. 

That joy and delight is SO GREAT that we can obey what HE+ shows us is RIGHT TO DO , this time, out of LOVE for HIM+.

We delight to obey HIM+ ... in response to His+ love for us !

HE+ Himself+ carries the STING of the Law of Obedience. His+ love over-whelms the Law of Obedience.
+  +  +
Let us pray:

Dear Heavenly FATHER,

Hallowed be Thy Name, O HOLY FATHER, and the Name of Thy HOLY SON+ , The LORD JESUS / Y'SHU+ the M'SHIKHA+. 

I thank THEE+ for carrying the sting of obedience for me, O CHRIST / O M'SHIKHA+.  I delight to do Thy+ Will, especially in the DIVINE Law of forgiveness, for THOU hast forgiven me my many, many transgressions.

O, Blessed be Your+ HOLY Name, LORD JESUS / Y'SHU+, for sending me joy when I obey YOU+ !

Amen and amen.
+  +  +

In the Name of The FATHER,
Who created us;
And HIS HOLY SON+ JESUS / Y'SHU+ ,
Who+ saves us;
And The Blessed HOLY SPIRIT /
 RUACH ha KADOSH,
Who sanctifies us.
+  +  + 




No comments: