11/28/2016

NOT to Destroy But to FULFILL ...







ADVENT MEDITATIONS # 2
2016

JESUS CHRIST / Y'SHU+ the M'SHIKHA+
The Law Incarnate

… versus …

[ "Now I'm saved; I can sin all I want to." ]

GOD FORBID!


+  +  +
Think not that I+ am come
to destroy The Law, 
or the Prophets:
I+ am not come 
to destroy,
BUT TO FULFILL.
+
Words of Our LORD 
Matthew 5:17

+  +  +
Our LORD JESUS / Y'SHU+ spoke clearly and plainly about His+ Mission. After His+ great trial of temptation by the devil in chapter 4 of Matthew, HE+ emerged victoriously to establish the Kingdom of GOD on earth.


Leaving Nazareth, HE+ moved beside the Sea of Galilee, to Capernaum in the districts of Zebulan and Naphtali ( Mt. 4:13-17), thus FULFILLING Isaiah 9:1-2.


Nevertheless
the dimness shall not be 
such as was in her vexation,
when at the first 
HE lightly afflicted
the land of Zebulun 
and the land of Naphtali,
and afterward 
did more grievously afflict her
by the way of the sea,
beyond Jordan, 
in Galilee of the nations.


The people that walked in darkness have seen a Great LIGHT+:
they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death,
upon them hath The LIGHT+ shined.
Isaiah 9: 1-2

The LORD JESUS / Y'SHU+ the M'SHIKHA+ preached repentance and called His+ first disciples to Him+ . 

HE+ healed the sick and great crowds from the surrounding areas flocked to HIM+.  HE began teaching them in the Sermon on the Mount, chapter 5.

Think not 
that I+ am come
to destroy The Law, 
or the Prophets:
I+ am not come 
to destroy,
BUT TO FULFILL.
Mt. 5:17

The LORD honored The LAW. 

HE+ spoke often of its abuses and mis-applications by men, but The Law itself HE+ honored. It revealed His+ own Divine Character and the character of His+ Heavenly FATHER. HE+ was in agreement with it.

In fact,
The LORD JESUS / 
Y'SHU+ the M'SHIKHA+
 expanded   
The Law !


As the MESSIAH / M'SHIKHA, HE+ explained how the keeping of The Law was to GO DEEPER than the Jews' observance of it.


The Law was to be kept in the MOTIVES and inside the hidden places of the heart, where no-one could see ... except GOD. 


HE+ explained this when teaching about lusting after another was ALREADY an act of adultery in the eyes of GOD.


GOD'S standard of right vs wrong did not CHANGE at the advent of CHRIST / the M'SHIKHA+. 


The LORD JESUS 
/ Y'SHU+ the M'SHIKHA+ 
came
to restore GOD'S Law
... in Spirit, this time,  
and in Truth.
+  +  +


Let us pray:


Dear Heavenly FATHER,


Hallowed be Thy Name, O HOLY FATHER, and the Name of Thy HOLY SON+ , The LORD JESUS / Y'SHU+ the M'SHIKHA+. 


I thank THEE+ for Thy Law, for giving forth the Divine Standard of Right, for teaching me what is wrong, and that Thy Standard does not change.


I confess , O LORD, that I am ashamed for the times I have hid sins in my heart, thinking no-one could see me. 


Please forgive me and cleanse me by the BLOOD of Thy Precious SON+. Make me pure through-out. Amen. 
+  +  +


In the Name of 
The FATHER,
Who created us;
And HIS HOLY SON+
JESUS / Y'SHU+ ,
Who+ saves us;

And The 
Blessed HOLY SPIRIT 
/ RUACH ha KADOSH,
Who sanctifies us. 
+  +  +

No comments: