3/03/2008

LENTEN MEDITATION 27 ~ ~ ~ Well Done

LENTEN MEDITATION 27 ~~~Well Done!
For the Year of Our LORD, 3.3.2008

And so he that had received five talents came
and brought other five talents,
saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents:
behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

His Lord said unto him,
Well done, thou good and faithful servant:
thou hast been faithful over a few things,
I will make thee ruler over many things:
enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.

He also that had received two talents came and said,
Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents:
behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

His Lord said unto him,
Well done, good and faithful servant;
thou hast been faithful over a few things,
I will make thee ruler over many things:
enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.
Matthew 25:20-23




Talents, money or other items of value, come to us from the appointment of or will of The LORD… for what do any of us have that we did not first receive? Not one baby is born on this earth “owning” anything, even babes born into the richest families. The riches must be given to him.

Furthermore, if we have put forth labor and time to hone a skill, develop an ability, or earn money… where did we obtain the eyesight, the hearing, the strength of body and mind, the wherewithal… to accomplish anything? For behold, it is written:

All things come of THEE, and of Thine own have we given THEE.



Let us therefore remember that naked we came from the womb and naked shall we return to the dust. Let us become true stewards of ALL those items we possess that we cannot keep nor take with us… those items of earthly value and ONLY earthly value. Let us become a funnel through which these goods and valuables pass… from GOD’s provision through our hands to further His+ Kingdom in some way.


Let us take stock of our abilities, our labor, and our time that we may use these to also further His+ Kingdom, according to His+ leading. They too will flee away as swiftly as the weaver’s beam moves.

Let us so live our lives so that we might hear those words in our own ears
:

Well done, thou good and faithful servant.
Enter thou into the joy of Thy LORD !

In all, let us make certain we REMEMBER that we are servants… and Whose+ servants we are… and to Whom+ we must give an account of the goods entrusted to us.

Dear Heavenly FATHER, unto Whom all hearts are open, all desires, known… I thank THEE for life and for every breath I take. I’m sorry for my selfish existence. Please forgive me for keeping your goods for my life. Help me to re-commit my valuables… my goods, my labor, my time… unto THEE to be used to further Your Kingdom. Teach me how to be a steward of all these things you have entrusted me to handle for your Glory.
Thank you, dear LORD, for leading me in this. Amen.

No comments: