2/14/2024

For GOD So LOVED the World that HE Gave . . . A Sacrificial Valentine Message on ASH WEDNESDAY, the First Day of Remembrance of the PASSOVER SEASON


ASH WEDNESDAY is the beginning of the traditional 40-day Lenten Fast in Preparation for the GREAT and FINAL PASSOVER.

It begins today, on the traditional observance of Valentine’s Day.

On Valentine’s Day, it is nice to remember others and express our love for them to them. Who doesn’t like to receive those sweet endearments from others ?

But in our Expressions of Love to our loved ones, let us not  neglect to express our Love for JESUS CHRIST Who+ died for us . . . because HE+ loved us.

Let us remember His+ days of heart-preparation HE+ made as HE+ set His+ Face to go to Jerusalem for His+ Crucifixion.  

The inner battle HAD to be agonizing, as His+ prayers in the Garden of Gethsemane reveal. For HE+ knew what suffering awaited His+ Flesh.

His+ GREATEST Temptation may have been this:

Thinkest thou that I+ cannot now

pray to My+ FATHER,

and HE shall presently give ME+

more than twelve legions of angels? 

MATTHEW 26:53

+  +  +

HE+ chose to embrace the Cross.

HE+ did not choose those 12 legions of angels.

HE+ chose death to give us Life.

+ + +

Dear Heavenly FATHER,

I thank YOU for giving me others to love. And I thank YOU for giving me others who hold me dear to their hearts.  

Most of all, I thank YOU for giving up Your Only-Begotten SON+ JESUS CHRIST to wash my sins in His+ Own BLOOD.

Thank YOU, O FATHER, for Your Sacrificial Love for me, even me.

This I pray in the LIFE-GIVING NAME of Thy Only-Begotten SON+ JESUS CHRIST, Who+ loved us and gave His+ Life for us. Amen 

+  +  +

 John 3:16 has often been called "the heart of the Bible" and "the gospel in miniature." Consider these simple, powerful words:

GOD

the greatest Lover

SO LOVED

the greatest degree

THE WORLD

the greatest number

THAT HE GAVE

the greatest act

HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON+

the greatest Gift

THAT WHOSOEVER

the greatest invitation

BELIEVETH

the greatest simplicity

IN HIM+

the greatest Person

SHOULD NOT PERISH

the greatest deliverance

BUT

the greatest difference

HAVE

the greatest certainty

EVERLASTING LIFE

the greatest possession

 Courtesy of Mark Lang’s Email Newsletter https://www.mustardseedmovies.com

 

 

No comments: