2/16/2024

The HOUR is COME . . . John 12:23 . . . LENTEN MEDITATION for the Preparation of The PASSOVER ~ 2024

The Straight and Narrow Path


And JESUS 

 answered them, saying,

The hour is come,

that the SON+ of Man 

should be glorified.

JOHN 12:23

          Literal Greek:   The hour has come in order that The SON+ of Man should be glorified.

HE+ went not to the left nor to the right.

HE+ did not leave the path towards the Cross His+ FATHER chose for HIM+.  

HE+ refused to be distracted even by sincere seekers of HIM+.

HE+ was intent on doing His+ FATHER’S WILL.

+  +  +

Are we intent on doing Our FATHER’S WILL? 

       Thy Will be done on earth 

 . . . as it is in Heaven.

Are we  seeking The FATHER’S Will for our daily Walk . . . or are we simply operating our individual out-reaches --- large or small --- on “automatic”? 

Thus, is what we did months ago what HE+ is calling us to offer to  HIM+ today ?

Are we comfortable with our walk remaining at the same level of obedience that was sufficient  months ( or years ) ago  . . . when we were not as mature in CHRIST as we are now ?

+  +  +

Let us search our hearts. . .  are we submitted to His+ WILL or are we automatically doing  our “own program” in our daily Walk ?

Let us pray that we might walk

WORTHY of The LORD 

and WORTHY of Our Calling.

 +  +  +

O Dear Heavenly FATHER,

Search my heart .

Show me where I am “sliding by” in my obedience to THEE and to Thy Beloved SON+ Whom+ I love. 

Reveal to me where I am choosing my Will instead of Your+ Will.

Help me to push away distractions of every sort, that I may be found well-pleasing in Thy Sight. 

And, dear FATHER, help me not to turn to “other things” for consolation when I am distressed, but to THEE alone for rest and courage.

In the Holy Name of JESUS CHRIST --- Thy+ Beloved SON+ --- I lift my prayer to THEE, O FATHER GOD. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments: