3/09/2018

SINS OF MY YOUTH --- A PRAYER from the HEART


 O my GOD, I trust in THEE+: let me not be ashamed, 
let not mine enemies triumph over me.

My greatest enemy is Self; help me, O LORD.
 

  Psalm 25



 Psalm 25

 Courtesy of biblegateway.com

Unto THEE+, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

ALL else is vanity, O LORD .

O my GOD, I trust in THEE+: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

My greatest enemy is Self; help me, O LORD.

Yea, let none that wait on THEE+ be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

I am ashamed of the paths I have chosen;  they were not clean. Cleanse me, O LORD.
 
Shew me Thy+ ways, O Lord; teach me Thy+ paths.

Alas ! I have learned the ways of the world. Make me soft and supple in Thy+ Hands, my SAVIOR+.

Lead me in Thy Truth+, and teach me: for THOU+ art the GOD of my salvation; on THEE+ do I wait all the day.

 I open my heart to THEE+ and Thy+ Truth+ ; Thy WORD+ is Truth.
Remember, O Lord, Thy+ tender mercies and Thy+ loving-kindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

How much I need Thy+ mercy ! O, THOU+ hast covered my life with Thy+ loving-kindness. 

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to Thy+ Mercy remember THOU+ me for Thy+ goodness' sake, O Lord.

 The sins of my youth are ever before me --- my pride, my arrogance, my hardness of heart, always refusing correction .  I would not curb Self.

I praise THEE+ for the afflictions besetting me, for, before I was afflicted, I went astray. Left to my own devices, I would have destroyed myself for all Eternity.

Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will HE+ teach sinners in The Way.

Yes, LORD, THOU+ alone art good ! O, why was I so full of Self and sin ? 


The meek will HE+ guide in judgment: and the meek will HE+ teach His+ Way.

Ah, yes. I have not been meek so I received no guidance from THEE+.  I humble myself and ask, with tears, for THEE+ to teach me Thy+ Way now. 


10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His+ Covenant and His+ testimonies.


Mercy and Truth+ . . . yes, I long for both of these things which money cannot buy.  I will walk in Thy+ Covenant, --- the vows I made at Holy Baptism --- and then I will have good testimony to share. 
 
11 For Thy Name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.

O LORD my SAVIOR+, why have I been so loaded with serving Self all my days ? 

12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall HE+ teach in the way that HE+ shall choose.

 I see; I had no proper , life-saving FEAR of The LORD ! Please save me from a sin-hardened heart, puffed up in my own pride and illusions.

13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Yes, LORD. I desire my soul to be in peace, that peace which passeth all understanding. 

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear HIM; and HE+ will shew them His+ Covenant.

O LORD GOD, create in me a proper FEAR of THEE+. Help me to know my place. Remove from me illusions that I am "in control" and that I can do "whatever I want."  

I desire to remain in Thy+ Covenant which I entered in the Holy Waters of Baptism. I said  Self would be buried with CHRIST.  Help me to swim in these waters. 
 
15 Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for HE+ shall pluck my feet out of the net.

Yes, LORD. My eyes are ever toward THEE+. Please keep me safe from the snares of the enemy, who is ever after my soul. 
 
16 Turn THEE+ unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.

 Save me from the lion's mouth ! Let not despair nor my constant affliction turn me from THEE+. 

17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring THOU+ me out of my distresses.

My SAVIOR+, CHRIST JESUS, my only refuge and help in time of trouble ! 

18 Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.

Ah, LORD GOD, the Cleansing BLOOD+ of my SAVIOR+ covers me. Thanks be to GOD for His+ Marvelous Victory.


19 Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.

 Yet, I know I myself have afflicted others with my sin. Forgive me; I pray for those I have hurt.

20 O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in THEE+.

LORD JESUS, I am not worthy of Thy+ forgiveness; it is by Thine+ own merit that I am being restored. 

21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on THEE+.

 I quiet myself like a weaned child, before THEE+, O CHRIST, waiting totally upon THEE+ for my deliverance from Thy+ Hand.

22 Redeem Israel, O GOD, out of all his troubles.

Yes, LORD, save the whole House of Israel during these latter days.  Let the whole House of Israel reflect Thy+ Salvation ! 

Amen and Amen.  

No comments: