12/01/2015

The PROMISED ONE+ #3.... Advent Meditations 2015

HE+  was  PROMISED ! 




The LORD JESUS
The Promised ONE+,  
always keeps His+ Word.


Listen carefully to what occurred in the account recorded in Luke 10.

The Words of Our LORD:

LUKE 10:17 -21

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying,

LORD, 
even the devils are subject unto us 
through Thy+ Name !

18 And HE+ said unto them,

I+ beheld  the satan
as lightning fall from Heaven.

19 Behold, I+ give unto you
power (authority, Gk.)
to tread on serpents ..."ophis" ...
and scorpions,

and over all the power of the enemy:
and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not,
that the spirits are subject unto you;
but rather rejoice,
because your names are written
in Heaven.

21 In that hour JESUS
rejoiced in spirit, and said,

I+ thank THEE, O FATHER, 
LORD of Heaven and earth,
that THOU hast hid these things
from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them unto babes:
even so, FATHER;
for so it seemed good in Thy sight.

The "ophis" (Gk.) --- which is that same "serpent"  nachash ( Hebrew)  of Genesis 3:15 and the same "serpent" of Mark 16:18 ---   appears in this Luke 10 passage again when Our LORD JESUS CHRIST is telling His+ disciples about their authority over the spirits, after the 70 returned with astonished joy to HIM+.

Over and over again in His+ Holy Word, The PROMISED ONE+ tells us  that:

that ANCIENT serpent "ophis" , called the devil and satan ...

is going to LOSE THE FIGHT!

Revelation 12: 9 - 11

12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, 
that old serpent "ophis"
called the Devil, and the satan, 
which deceiveth the whole world:
 he was cast out into the earth,
 and his angels were cast out with him.

12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in Heaven,

Now is come salvation, and strength, 
and the kingdom of our GOD, 
and the power of his CHRIST:

for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, 
which accused
them before our GOD day and night.

12:11 And they overcame him by 
the BLOOD of the LAMB+, 
and by the word of their testimony; 
and they loved not their lives unto the death.


Thus,  we see The PROMISED ONE+ stating the same Promise,  running  through Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation.


Furthermore, the "ophis" , called the devil and satan, is being put to flight RIGHT NOW... because The Promised One+ , our LORD JESUS CHRIST, holds true to His+ Promise to us... and to the satan.

HIS+ PROMISE to the satan, to bruise --- or more accurately --- to completely crush  his head, has been kept. 

HE+ always keeps His+ Promises... 
no matter to whom HE+ makes them
and no matter what the cost.

HE+ kept His+ Promise to Our FATHER in Heaven --- WHILE HE+ WAS IN HEAVEN --- to come to earth and be slain to rescue man from the satan. 

We know this is true because Scripture identifies The LORD as:

Revelation 13:8c
"...the LAMB+ slain from the
foundation of the world."

The LORD JESUS kept His+ Promise to the nachash and thrashed him soundly at His+ Crucifixion and at HIS+ subsequent ( and surprising ! ) powerful and glorious Resurrection.

As Scripture records:

Romans 6:9

6:9 Knowing that CHRIST being raised from the dead 
dieth no more; 
death hath no more dominion over HIM+.

Furthermore, our LORD JESUS keeps His+ Promises to us, granting us all the power over the wicked spirits that we need to overcome our sins and character faults in this life right now...

if we do HIS+ Will.


Our LORD JESUS CHRIST came to keep His+ Promises.

Do we keep ours ?

Let Us Pray: 

Our Heavenly GOD and FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST...

All glory, honor, and praise goes to THEE, O LORD, for Thy great and precious promises given to us, to me. 

These promises grant me strength to stand against the evil one during times of testing, during trials of endurance.

Now, I come before Thy Presence ashamed of the times I have not kept my word to others because I  chose my Self.

I  acknowledge that Thy Holy SON+ JESUS has granted me power over the sin which does so easily beset me.

Oftentimes, I have not kept my word... in  little ways and in big, both spoken and implied "promises" to be there, to do something, to give something or to provide support

I have let my co-workers, my friends and my family down; they could NOT count on me to be true to my word at all times

And worst of all, O Holy FATHER, I also have reneged, pulled back, and not with integrity kept my word to THEE, in my heart.

I have forsaken the spiritual discipline which THOU hast given me, which I committed myself to do. I sandwich my time with THEE in between all other "important" activities... including eating and sleeping.

I have said I would follow THEE, but I oftentimes follow my own thinking instead of doing what is written in Thy Word.

Thy forgiveness , O LORD, I ask of THEE , to cleanse me from these sins of my heart. Re-form my character into the likeness and image of Thy HOLY SON+ JESUS,


and in Whose+ Life-Giving name we pray, O  Gracious Heavenly FATHER.     

No comments: