3/07/2013

PSALM 51... Passover Meditations

PASSOVER MEDITATION on PSALM 51: 14

Photo courtesy of  www.superstock.com

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, 
O GOD, 
THOU GOD of my salvation, 
and my tongue 
shall sing aloud 
of Thy righteousness. 

King David was in the midst of his repentance after his heinous murder of his faithful soldier Uriah, whom David had purposely killed in battle... in order to cover his own sin with Uriah's wife, Bathsheba. [ 2 Samuel 11:15 ] 

Most of us, however, are NOT kings, we are NOT in charge of battles for Israel proper, and we have NOT purposely set a trap to murder someone to cover our sin.... for which we give thanks.

But yet hearken: When we who know The LORD JESUS CHRIST  continue on doing those things HE+ has brought to our minds , that they are WRONG , have we not crucified The LORD afresh because we have that comfortable, "easy" grace that we can always count on, to cover our sin ?     

Is CHRIST indulgent of our sins ? 

Scripture states this: 

For it is 
IMPOSSIBLE 
for those 
who were once enlightened, 
and have tasted 
of the Heavenly gift, 
and were made partakers 
of the HOLY SPIRIT,

impossible... impossible... impossible

And have tasted 
the good word of GOD, 
and the powers 
of the world to come,
impossible... impossible... impossible 

If 
THEY 
shall fall away,
 impossible... impossible... impossible 
to renew them again 
unto repentance, 
seeing

they crucify to themselves

the SON+ of GOD 
afresh,

and put HIM+ 
to an open shame.
Hebrews 6:4-6

O Heavenly FATHER, 
Gracious to the un-deserving 
and Merciful to those who repent, 
I hang my head in shame 
for taking advantage 
of Thy great goodness to me. 

Please, please do not take from me 
Thy blessed HOLY SPIRIT, 
and please renew a right spirit within me. 
Cast me not out of Thy sight ! 

For, I live for THEE. 
I live for Thy HOLY SON+ JESUS. 
THOU, O GOD, 
art my life and my soul's breath. 

Help me forsake my human excuses 
and weakness of character.

Help me stand 
against my noxious self-indulgences.

Fortify me 
against my old, Adamic nature 
that wants to rule my life again. 

Purge me with hyssop, 
and I shall be clean; 
wash me, 
and I shall be whiter than snow. 

Make me to hear joy and gladness, 
that the bones which THOU hast broken 
may rejoice ! 

Break, O break, 
these bones of sin 
that I may walk well-pleasing unto THEE, 
O Righteous FATHER. 

Accept these, my imperfect prayers, 
for the sake of Thy Beloved SON+, 
The LAMB+ of GOD, 
Our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, 
WHO+ taketh away the sin of the world.

Amen.  

No comments: