|Photo by stsylvesters.org.uk|
Dear Readers... I STRONGLY advise you to develop and practice a DAILY DISCIPLINE of worship.... private, individual worship.
Don some sanctified garment that you have prayed over and sanctified for this use, asking The LORD to bless it. Head-coverings or hoods, capelets or simple chasubles, long dresses or skirts for the sisters; vests or tunics or a simple blanket-type chasuble or robe for the brothers.
Change your position to standing, kneeling, bowing and even sitting, as you worship. Do the sign of the Cross in the air, on your forehead, across your heart, or from head to chin, or even over your mouth! Otherwise, do the "normal" sign of the cross at appropriate places as you are moved to do so when you pray.
REMEMBER: The sign of the cross is ANCIENT and is not a sign of "group" membership in the high churches or low. The sign of the cross BELONGS TO EVERY CHRISTIAN.
- " Worthy is The LAMB+ !" ... said at the 4 Cruciform beads
- "Blessed be The HOLY FATHER Who created us,
- and His HOLY SON+ JESUS CHRIST our LORD Who+ saves us,
- and The Blessed HOLY SPIRIT Who sanctifies us."
- Open with Worthy is the LAMB+! and some set but short Scriptures of praise. [ The idea is for these opening words to be repeated reverently every day, not simply impromptu praises. ]
- Invitatory Bead... Come Unto ME+, all ye who labor and are heavy laden, and I+ will give you rest.
- 3 verses of Supplications... asking The LORD to bless your worship, such as "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer+. "
- 3 verses of Repentances ... perhaps from Psalm 51 or the entire Psalm, or other verses that bring you into a spirit of repentance. The prayer beads are useful when doing an entire Psalm.
- 3 verses of Affirmations of Faith ... such as "Neither is there Salvation in any other; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" and "At the Name of JESUS every knee shall bow..."
- 3 verses of Exhorations ... such as "Be still and know that I AM the LORD."
- 3 verses of Exaltations ... such as "My soul doth magnify The LORD and my spirit doth rejoice in GOD my SAVIOR+."
Then move on to pray through out-loud 3 Psalms. OGS does Psalm 27, Psalm 116, and Psalm 23... but these are able to be changed, as per your leading of The LORD.
After these items are finished, continue on in worship by using the
- Agnes Dei,
- St. Patrick's Breastplate, or the
- Te Deum.
RENUNCIATIONS follow the ancient hymns.
Starting this section of worship with :
I John 2:15-17, Matthew 4:10, Matthew 16:23 are the verses which contain the very words of Our LORD when HE+ stood against the adversary.
The last section involve 2 sets of ONLY the very WORDS of Our LORD ( as in a Red Letter edition of the New Testament ) . The Beatitudes and John 14, using only His+ Words, are good places to start this section. They can be changed from season to season.
We end this section with The prayer Our LORD taught His+ disciples, when the disciples said, "LORD, teach us to pray."
CLOSING: A spontaneous prayer of Thanksgiving , by this time, will be pouring from your heart and lips !
This worship through Guided Meditation is not long nor hard. It can be adjusted as per schedule needs, and can be done in parts at different times of the day. It can be done morning, noon, or evening; late at night, or in the wee hours of the morning.
It is IMPORTANT, however, that it be done meaningfully and individually. Groups or families can do it, but ...
( anything you might name ... keep your possessions, houses, lands, bank accounts, credit cards, social security, disability, cell phones, internet, education, health care, car license, insurance, children.... )