8/12/2019

HE+ CAME to SHOW Us How to FEAR GOD ~ ADVENT #17



Though HE+ were a SON+, 
yet learned HE+ obedience 
by the things which HE+ suffered; 
Hebrews 5:8

Who in the days of His+ Flesh, when HE+ had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto HIM WHO was able to save HIM+ from death,
 and was heard 
in that HE+ feared;


This is a most ~ if not THE most ~ frightening passage in the Bible. It is the Supreme OBJECT LESSON we are presented by Our LORD and SAVIOR+ JESUS CHRIST. . .  that HE+ feared GOD.
HE+ came to show us how to RIGHTLY fear GOD.

HE+ came to show us there are NO FAVORITES, no pets, no respecter of persons with GOD. 
HE+ came to show that to whomsoever is given much, MUCH will be required of him. Luke 12:48
Since GOD is the Giver, HE is the ONE Who requires our talents WITH INTEREST back into HIS hands . . . and there is no respecter of persons, no lessening of the standards of holiness, in that stewardship. 
HE+ came to show us that the FEAR of GOD taught by Word and Example in the Old Covenant  
is STILL REQUIRED  of us under the New Covenant.


Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness
 of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness
 in the fear of GOD.
 2 Corinthians 7:1
 
The LORD JESUS CHRIST came to show us that we must train our hearts in the FEAR of GOD, as HE+ did. 
We do not dare say the Husbandman is gone into a far country and does not know, care, nor realize what we are doing !

HE+ came to show us that our minds must embrace those hard, self-denying obediences which effectually work in us a separation from the world . . . the flesh . . . and the devil. 

HE+ came to show us we must practice the FEAR of GOD in our lives, in all our decisions.

Furthermore, we must teach our children the fear of GOD, like Abraham did, in whom GOD had confidence that he would teach his household the way of GOD. See Genesis 18:19 

HE+ came to show us we must NEVER abandon a serious FEAR of GOD in our evangelism messages. 
 But I+ will forewarn you Whom ye shall fear: Fear HIM, Which after HE hath killed hath power to cast into Hell;

yea, I+ say unto you,

FEAR HIM !

Yet, sorry to say, distressing to observe, most churches have reverted to a " only Love  . . . only Tolerate the sinner . . . "  type of message taught to their young people as well as to the un-redeemed outsiders. 
That makes obedience to The Word OPTIONAL .  After all, GOD'S "love" covers a multitude of DISOBEDIENCES, correct ? 

NO.  

His love covers a multitude of sins BEFORE we know better, before we repent and come under conviction for our sins. 

That is the only reason we are not DESTROYED ! GOD is long-suffering, not wanting any to perish until they have heard of HIS plan of forgiveness and cleansing from sin.

But after we have tasted  the Good WORD+ of GOD, we dare not sin WILLFULLY.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the HOLY SPIRIT, and have tasted the good WORD of GOD, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance;

seeing they crucify to themselves the SON+ of GOD afresh, and put HIM+ to an open shame.
Hebrews 6: 4-6

 The LORD JESUS CHRIST came that we might have LIFE. That LIFE starts with the correct FEAR of GOD, as Scriptures, both Old Covenant and New, teach us. 

Just like HE+ taught us by WORD and EXAMPLE.

Have we missed that message ? Have we missed HIS+ OBJECT LESSON ?   

LET US PRAY:

O LORD GOD, I have been guilty of taking Your love but ignoring Your more serious message . . . that costly message which came to me by Your Only-Begotten SON+. 

LORD, neither my doting family nor my loving church has warned me of this great FEAR of GOD, that fear which Your Holy SON+ JESUS embraced, that fear which HE+ taught directly from Your Mouth. 

I was VACINATED against having any fear of GOD in my life !  By my parents ! By my family! By my well-meaning church !

O LORD, help me stand against my own illusions of Self-indulgence, against my in-grained and well-taught indulgence that I can sow to the flesh and YOU will "wink" at it. 

I see I have not put Your fear before my eyes. 

I see I have ignored Your SON+'S words to fear YOU. 

I see I have not made any decisions based on a fear of GOD, like my examples in Scriptures did.

Help me pick up the slack, LORD, that my Christian training omitted. 

Help me to train myself now to develop the right Fear of GOD, like my SAVIOR+ had. 

Help me to take Your word as SPIRIT and LIFE . . . including the command to FEAR GOD. Amen.
+  +  +

It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth; the flesh profitteth nothing: 
the Words that I+ speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.
 

No comments: