8/15/2019

HE+ Came to Keep us from FALLING ! ~ ADVENT #22




What Did HE+ Come Here TO DO ?

The LORD JESUS came to keep us from FALLING !
Now unto HIM+ WHO+ is 
ABLE TO KEEP YOU FROM FALLING,  
and to present you FAULTLESS 


before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise GOD our SAVIOR+, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25



Not only is HE+ able to do that,

HE+ is able to do MORE !



Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Ephesians 3:20 




Remember that the Greek word for “able” and “power” --- δύναμιν   ( dunamin ) --- comes into English as   “dynamite” !


So . . . we could read Ephesians 3:20 this way: 


“ Now unto HIM who has the power to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,
 according to the Divine DYNAMITE that worketh in us…”



If HE+ is ABLE

and WILLING to keep us from falling,

why do we fall ?



HE+ is all powerful.  HE+ is all willing to keep us from sinning, to keep us from falling into the hands of the devil.  
  
HE+ has gone to great lengths to procure the VICTORY for us.  That is WHY The LORD JESUS CHRIST came here.


So, WHO is stopping us from having VICTORY over the world, our flesh, and the devil ?



WE ARE.



The LORD JESUS CHRIST came to GIVE us the means to have the victory in every area of our lives.



WHY don’t we evidence that VICTORY?




Mainly, it is BECAUSE we have set our affections on things of this world instead of on those things which are in Heaven . . . where CHRIST is seated at the Right Hand of His+ FATHER.



Our eye is NOT single,

 intent always upon pleasing Our FATHER in Heaven.




No, rather , we have cast our eye upon things of this world. We have taken matters into our own hands.  

 We have discarded His WORD as our instruction book. We have forsaken WALKING in the STRAIGHT and NARROW way that leads unto Life. 


Instead, we have entered the BROAD way  . . . doing exactly like the worldlings . . . in many areas of our life.  Doing this way leads to DESTRUCTION.  It leads to a lack of VICTORY in our life.


We CANNOT --- do not dare --- run to the world for advice, for counsel, for worldly wisdom centered upon this earth. If we do, the VICTORY of The LORD will slip through our hands. 


Let us Pray: 


LORD JESUS, please forgive me for falling and failing YOU+ so many times; I know YOU+ are able to bring me through to victory over my character weaknesses and my faults. 


My fears, my doubts are not a problem to YOU+ ; YOU+ already won the victory over them all. 

Why cannot I see that ? 


Correct my vision to see that YOU+ have already conquered these tormenting spirits that try to derail me, that try to have me revert back to my Adamic, fallen nature. 


Grant me to look upon Your+ Victory steadfastly, nothing wavering.


 Help me to STAND in the face of these personal lies attacking me. Help me to remember my position in CHRIST, a position HE+ came to procure for me. 



Help me to  tell those lying torments to “Begone , in the Name of JESUS CHRIST Who+ has conquered sin, death, and the grave !” 

And Who+ has conquered
 my Adamic self-nature.



Grant me a correct vision of myself as that “new Creature in CHRIST” so that I may walk in Victory, praising GOD for my freedom from sin and my detestable faults. Change me, O LORD. 



This I pray in the Life-Changing Name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST . . .  

 . . . Who+ became man to give us VICTORY over all our fallen, faulty nature. Amen.

No comments: