8/11/2019

FACE TO FACE ~ ADVENT #15



Why did HE+ Come ?


HE+ came because GOD wanted to SPEAK to us.


Our Divine, Heavenly FATHER WANTED our attention . . . our UN-divided attention. 

GOD, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days 


spoken unto us by* HIS SON+,

*[ Gk:en = by the instrument of  ]


Whom+ HE has appointed Heir of all things,

by [GK: dia = through ] Whom+ also HE made the worlds;

Hebrews 1:1-2



Why did Our Heavenly FATHER speak to us BY HIS ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON+ ? Why would the words of the Prophets not do any longer ? 


This is why: 


Because HE wanted to speak to us 


FACE TO FACE.



“Have I+ been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not know ME+, Philip ? He that has seen ME+ has seen The FATHER; and how sayest thou then, ‘Shew us The FATHER’ ?"


What a priceless treasure it is to be able to speak to The LORD GOD of the whole universe face to face ! Furthermore, HE instigated it ! HE is the ONE Who desires it. 


If HE did not want it, we would not be able even to approach HIM in HIS Divine, unapproachable LIGHT.  


That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our LORD JESUS CHRIST:   

Which in His times HE shall shew, Who+ is the blessed and only POWERFUL ONE ( Gk),
THE KING+ of kings, and LORD+ of lords;

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in THE LIGHT which no man can approach unto; Whom no man hath seen, nor can see:

to Whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen.
1 Timothy 6: 14-16


What a privilege is given to us,  to speak with The LORD GOD face to face ! This Majestic , Glorious GOD wishes to speak to us face to face.
 
 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the ANCIENT OF DAYS did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
And HE that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.


What an astounding fact that this All-Powerful, Glorious, LIFE-GIVING FATHER,  wishes to speak to us face to face



So . . . why are not we doing it ?



Why do we HIDE OUR FACE from Our Heavenly FATHER ? 


Why do we run AWAY from The FATHER instead of TOWARDS HIM


HE wishes to speak to us through CHRIST, HIS SON+.  If we have seen The SON+, then we have seen The FATHER, Scripture tells us.


Let us not grieve HIM by running away from HIS SON+, for that is the only way we can come to The FATHER face to face . . . ONLY through JESUS . 


Are we willing ?


Most of us are afraid . . . afraid we will be consumed. . . if we come too close to Our Divine Heavenly FATHER. 

That is a right fear, for Scripture says even the Beloved Apostle John “fell at His+ Feet as dead”. Revelation 1:17.


Regardless of our fear, HE desires that we approach HIM and that we approach HIM through HIS Holy SON+ JESUS


When the KING says, “ Approach !”

we had better do so.



Our Heavenly FATHER calls us to COME to HIM. We can only do this through JESUS, by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT.



Let us Pray: 


O HOLY FATHER, I have avoided coming before YOU, I suppose through fear and dismay. 


I do not know what YOU are going to do to me and that scares me. 


I fear  YOU are going to require of me:

  • ·        something I cannot do  
  • ·        something I do not want to embrace
  • ·        something I am certain I cannot yield to YOU, without great pain or loss
  • ·        something that displeases YOU, but in a warped way comforts me- one of my pet strongholds.
  • ·        total and abject LONELINESS
  • ·        to embrace REJECTION, hurt, and sorrow, and perhaps, injury


O Righteous FATHER, I do know that JESUS Your SON+ goes before me, even in this. Forgive me for my lack of faith. Forgive me for not trusting in Your Word .



I repent of my fear. I repent that I hold back myself from YOU. I turn myself unto YOU completely. I trust YOU will not crush me.


Empty me of SELF; fill me with YOU. 


AH, LORD GOD, if only YOU will help me turn away from Self-pleasing, from Self-protection !  Please send forth Your Divine help unto my weak soul.


Then, I promise YOU, O LORD,  that I will embrace EVERY PURPOSE , every insurmountable task, every distasteful yielding , that YOU call me to embrace. 


Through the  Divine and Compassionate help of my Beloved SAVIOR CHRIST, Who+ alone is my strength. 


In His+ Royal Name I offer this, my imperfect prayer. Amen.

  +  +  +



WHO+  being the brightness of HIS glory,
and the express image of HIS ESSENCE,
and upholding all things by the Word of HIS Power,

when HE+ had by HIMSELF+ purged our sins,
sat down on the Right Hand of
THE MAJESTY on High:

Being made so much better than the angels, as HE+ hath by inheritance 
obtained a more excellent name than they.
Hebrews 1:3-4

But when the fulness of the time was come,
GOD sent forth HIS  SON+,
 made of a woman, made under The Law,

To redeem them that were under The Law,
that we might receive the Adoption of Sons.
Galatians 4: 4-5

But we see JESUS, 
WHO+ was made a little lower than the angels 
for
the suffering of death, 

crowned with glory and honor; 

that HE+ 
by the grace of God 
should taste death for every man.
Hebrews 2:9


No comments: