4/06/2022

#16 PASCHAL FAST ~ I AM ( HE+ ) ~ John 18:3-8 ~ # 16 Lenten Meditation ~ 3rd Hour Prayer Station

HE+ said, " I +  AM  "

  AND THEY went backwards and  FELL TO THE GROUND. 

 John 18:6 Jesus Said I Am And They All Fell Back (yellow)

 

Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.

JESUS therefore,

knowing all things that should come upon HIM+,

went forth, and said unto them,

Whom seek ye?

They answered HIM+, JESUS of Nazareth.

JESUS saith unto them,

I+ AM HE+.

~ Ἐγώ εμι ~

And Judas also, which betrayed HIM+, stood with them.

As soon then as HE+ had said unto them, I+ AM HE+,

they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Then asked HE+ them again, Whom seek ye?

And they said, JESUS of Nazareth.

JESUS answered,

I+ have told you that I+ AM HE+:

if therefore ye seek ME+, let these go their way:

John 18:3-8

~ Ἐγώ εμι ~

I , I AM

Should any have a doubt as to WHO The LORD JESUS was, HE+ plainly identified HIMSELF+ as  I AM... the same ONE Who identified HIMSELF to Moses.

In the Greek, the pronoun “ I ” is re-iterated for emphasis, and there is no “he” following I AM  in those 3 verses.

+  +  +

The Third Hour ( 9 a.m ) Prayer Station

Heavenly FATHER, we come before YOU at this 3rd hour of the ancient day, the hour of the Morning Sacrifice in the Temple . . . that same hour that Your Beloved SON+, the LAMB+ of GOD that taketh away the sin of the world, was offered up on the Cross for our sakes.

We thank YOU for the Great Drops of BLOOD HE+ shed in the garden of Gethsemane, after praying all through the night . . . then facing the men who had come with swords and clubs to violently take HIM+.


 

 

T

hank YOU, O Holy FATHER, that Your Beloved SON+, as the perfect  SON+ of GOD, revealed Your power,  saying “ I AM, ” causing the armed band of men to fall to the ground .

Y

et, HE+ did not use this great power for HIMSELF+, revealing HIMSELF+ to be the obedient and perfect SON+ of Man . . . still loving His+ disciples to the uttermost, HE+ requested the armed men to “Let them go,” and thus, His+ frightened disciples could flee away.

 +  +  +


No comments: