Blessed is HE+ Who+ cometh
in the name of the LORD;
Hosanna in the Highest!
Mt. 21:8,9; Mark 11:8,9; John 12:12,13
+ + +
Joyous, noisy, and glorifying The LORD, the crowd greeted The LORD JESUS CHRIST with Palm branches waved and clothing laid down on the road HE+ traveled… on the road HE+ traveled into Jerusalem for the last time.
HE+ knew a few things.
· HE+ knew who were genuinely glad for the coming of their Messiah.
· HE+ knew who wanted HIM+ to rule and reign with a rod of iron over their oppressors, the unrighteous Roman government.
· HE+ knew who wanted to make HIM+ king over the earthly domain.
· HE+ knew who wanted more free bread and fish.
· HE+ knew who chased after HIM+ to see more miracles.
HE+ knew just as well
who did NOT want HIM+
to rule over their own spirits.
· HE+ was well aware of who had not toppled the gods of Self and pride in order to present a sanctified and pure offering of themselves unto HIM+.
· HE+ was well aware of who refused to let HIM+ control their lives… in every, any, and all aspects.
· HE+ was well aware of who did NOT want HIM+ to be King of their lives… only king of the oppressors.
· HE+ was well aware of the riotous and loud tumult of the people praising HIM+ but who wished to make HIM+ into anything else but a
Sadly, there was no other way to do it.
Yes, do proclaim Our LORD’S LORDSHIP loud and long… but let HIS+ lordship be in our own hearts and over our own lives...
+ + +
LET US PRAY:
Whose most dear SON+ went not up to joy
but that HE+ first suffered pain,
and entered not into glory
before HE+ was crucified;
Mercifully grant that we,
while walking in the way of the cross,
may find it none other than
the way of Life and peace;
through JESUS CHRIST,
our Passover LAMB.
Adapted from the Book of Common Prayer.