3/07/2024

AT the FOOT of The Cross ~ John 12:26 ~ LENTEN Meditation for the Preparation of the LAST PASSOVER ~ 2024

 


 If
any man serve ME+,

let him follow ME+;

and where I+ , I+ am,

there shall also My+  servant be:

if any man serve ME+,

him will My+  FATHER honor.

John 12:26

+  +  +

Is it hard to discover “where” The LORD JESUS actually is, in your life ?

HE+ is indeed there, waiting for you at the foot of His+ Cross.

Why does HE+ wait for you there ,

at that most uncomfortable place ?

HE+ waits for you to meet HIM+ there . . . so that HE+ help you join HIM+ on the Cross.

Yes, HE+ is our Resurrected SAVIOR+. Yes, HE+ brings us through to Victory over enemies within and without.

His+ Victory came only via the Cross where HE+ crucified His+ LIFE for our sake.

LIKEWISE,

our Victory comes

ONLY through the Cross,

where we die to our Self

for His+ Sake.

 Remember: HE+ does NOT place us onto that Cross.

NO. It is what we freely choose ourselves. We freely choose to pick up our cross and die daily to ourselves . . .

BECAUSE

that is the ONLY WAY

to have Victory in JESUS.

HE+ stands waiting at the foot of the cross for each one of us to ENABLE us by His+ enabling  Grace to join HIM+ on the Cross. 

The LORD JESUS is ready and willing to help us put to death our Self-nature and all that we hold dear as our “identity”.  

HE+ AWAITS OUR PERMISSION TO DO SO.

       THAT is where you will find HIM+ when you are “dry”,     “dull of spirit”, and floundering. When your life has lost    its zest , lost its color, and lost its liveliness, then you      have moved away from the Foot of the Cross.

       HE+ hasn’t moved; you have.

At the Foot of the Cross HE+ is standing,

waiting for you

to be willing to embrace

death to the Self.

That is when you will discover the RESURRECTION POWER of CHRIST JESUS . . . for Resurrection comes only after death.

+  +  +

Let Us Pray:

LORD JESUS, I have avoided coming to meet you at that cross . I have not wanted to die to WHAT I WANT. I wanted to live my life my way.  

O LORD JESUS, I see I was wrong. Help me to embrace that cross and not be afraid that it will “kill me”. 

I know that it will ONLY KILL my natural-man which blocks Your+ LIFE from flowing through me.

              Today, O LORD JESUS, I bend the knee of my heart          at the Foot of the Cross and yield my Self over to                 YOU+.

              Fill me now with Your+ Life anew and keep me         tethered to Your+ Cross, O LORD. 

This I pray in Thy+ Holy Name, O CHRIST. Amen

Worthy is The LAMB+ that was slain !

 

No comments: