3/14/2022

# 10 PASCHAL FAST - TOUCHED with the Feeling of our INFIRMITIES ~ # 10 Lenten Meditation- 2022 ~ Hebrews 4:15

 

 And HE+ went a little farther,

AND FELL ON HIS+ FACE,

and prayed, saying,

O My+ FATHER, if it be possible, let this cup pass from ME+:

nevertheless not as I+ will, but as THOU wilt.

Matthew 26:39

+  +  +

YES, our dear LORD JESUS fell on His+ Face , crying and pleading for that cup – His+ Crucifixion -- to be passed away from HIM+.

Who+ in the days of His+ Flesh, when HE+ had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto HIM WHO was able to save HIM+ from death, and was heard in that HE+ feared;

Hebrews 5: 7

+  +  +

The PROMISE is that we will not suffer death eternal but will live forever.

It is NOT PROMISED that we can escape all suffering living on planet earth, in this fallen, cursed-laden world.

But there is another PROMISE:

HE+ will not leave us when we walk through terrible trials and sorrows, griefs and hurts , upon this earth.

For we have not an HIGH PRIEST+

Who+ cannot be touched

with the feeling of our infirmities;

but was in all points tempted like as we are,

yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:15

Re-stated in the positive emphatic:

For we DO HAVE an HIGH PRIEST+

Who+ can be touched

with the feeling of our infirmities. . .

No matter the terribleness of the trial afflicted upon us, ONE THING WE KNOW: HE+ cares.

Not only that, but HE+ knows all about that trial.

HE+ is ABLE to feel the exact hurt and pain that we feel. HE+ is touched by the same feelings as we have during our infirmities.

Do we have sorrow ? HE+ feels it intensely.

Do we have bodily pain ? HE+ know exactly the route it takes through our body because HE+ made the body.

Do we have assaults and conflicts ? HE+ feels those assaults; HE+ shoulders those conflicts.

HE+ was buffeted in mind, heart, and body, intensely attacked by the haters of GOD His+ FATHER.  By the fools and base people of this world. By those who allowed themselves to be whipped up against HIM+ by satan.

LET US PRAY:

O HOLY FATHER,

Thank YOU for giving me a Faithful SAVIOR+ Who+ indeed is able to be touched with the feeling of my infirmities.

Forgive me for even thinking that I must walk through my trials all alone. . .  for that is a lie of satan.

I may walk without another companion by my side, but I will NEVER WALK ALONE in my trials as long as I cling onto Your HOLY SON+ JESUS.

YOU will never leave me nor forsake me and neither will Your SON+ leave me; it is not Your character to abandon Your people in time of need.

Forgive me for my doubt, my fear, and alas, my self-pity, all which urge me to agree with the lie of satan.

Help me ALWAYS agree with my SAVIOR+ Who+ endured the Cross so that all of my human infirmities, weaknesses, and pain would fall upon His+ shoulders . . . and HE+ felt them all.  

Thank YOU, Holy FATHER , for giving us Your SON+. 

In the Holy Name of JESUS , I lift this prayer to YOU. Amen.

 

No comments: