3/30/2021

HE+ DID NOT RUN ~ Good Friday, 2021 ~ Hebrews 12 :1-4

HE+ DID NOT RUN

Good Friday, 2021

Hebrews 12 :1-4

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us,

and let us run with patience

the race that is set before us,

 

Looking unto JESUS The AUTHOR+ and FINISHER+ of our faith; WHO+ for the joy that was set before HIM+ endured the Cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the Right Hand of the Throne of GOD.

 For consider HIM+ that endured such contradiction of sinners against HIMSELF+, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood,

striving against sin.

+  +  +

BUT , HE+ HAS.

 

Yes, CHRIST JESUS resisted sin, even unto the point of the shedding of His+ own Blood.  HE+ did NOT run away. HE+ stood firmly upon His+ FATHER’S WILL and would not veer from doing it .

Even if it meant His+ own death. 

. . . His+ own torturous death.

 

The LORD JESUS completed  the Work set before HIM+  

 when HE+ endured the Cross.

As HE+ endured the Cross.

While HE+ endured the Cross.

Because HE+ endured the Cross

+  +  +

One thing we must remember:

At any point in time, The LORD JESUS CHRIST was still LORD, was yet the SON+ of GOD, and never lost His+ Power and Authority , even while hanging on that cruel, torturous Cross.

At any point in time, our LORD JESUS could have REFUSED to die .

John 10:17-18

Therefore doth My+ FATHER love ME+,

because I+ lay down My+ LIFE,

that I+ might take IT+ again.

No man taketh IT+ from ME+,

but I+ lay IT+ down of Myself+.

I+ have power to lay IT+ down,

and I+ have power to take IT+ again.

This Commandment have I+ received

of My+ FATHER.

+ + +

 

At any point in time, our LORD JESUS could have come down from the Cross --- just like the taunters who jeered at HIM+ said ---  to possibly “save” the un-believers.

 

Matthew 27:41-44

Likewise also the chief priests mocking HIM+, with the scribes and elders, said,

HE+ saved others; Himself+ HE+ cannot save. If HE+ be the King of Israel, let HIM+ now come down from the Cross, and we will believe HIM+.

HE+ trusted in GOD; let HIM deliver HIM+ now, if HE will have HIM+: for HE+ said, I+ am the SON+ of GOD.

The thieves also, which were crucified with HIM+, cast the same in His+ teeth.

+  +  +

But, HE+ did NOT come down from that Cross, even to save the mockers and jeerers. The LORD JESUS chose every minute to stay ON THAT CROSS.

HE+ chose every minute to receive the pain, the agony, the taunts and jeers.

It was a continual choice being made

even as HE+ suffered cruelly.

 

HE+ did not run away from His+ FATHER’S WILL  although HE+ was THE  Only-Begotten  SON+ of GOD.

 

Hebrews 5:8

Though HE+ were a SON+,

yet learned HE+ obedience

by the things which HE+ suffered;

 

καίπερ ν υἱὸς, μαθεν ἀφ᾿ ν παθε τὴν ὑπακοήν

[ And indeed, although being SON+, HE+ learned from which HE+ suffered: submission, compliance, obedience. Literal Greek.]

 

If we are to be like HIM+, we must not run away from what HE+ has called us to ENDURE. It is called “The Cross”.

+  +  +

Psalm 15

LORD, who shall abide in Thy Tabernacle?

Who shall dwell in Thy Holy Hill?

He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbor, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbor. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned [ despised ]; but he honoreth them that fear the LORD.

He that sweareth to his own hurt,

and changeth not.

He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

+  +  +

Let us pray:

O Holy JESUS, our dear, long-suffering LORD, help me to be like YOU+. Strengthen me to stay where YOU+ have called me to stay.

Settle down my strong Self-will so I may learn to embrace Thy+ Will. I know I have not resisted ANY sinners unto the shedding of my blood; I have only shed the water of my tears.

Help me to endure that Cross in the strength of Thy+ HOLY SPIRIT.

Turn the thoughts of my heart to YOU+, O LORD, in the midst of my conflict, in the midst of my discomfort, in the midst of my repulsion for being placed in such a spot, or union, or marriage, or bondage , or burdensome position.

Help me not yearn to escape, but learn to walk with YOU+ through it, O HOLY LORD. . .

. . . For the joy that is set before me, that I may hear those gladsome words: "Well done, thou Good and Faithful Servant; Enter thou into the JOY of thy LORD ! "

Yes, Amen. Blessed is HE+ that Cometh in the Name of The LORD. Hosanna – JESUS, SAVE US – to The Highest!  

 

No comments: