3/08/2021

Why HE+ Could Do Two More Miracles, After Feeding the 5,000 ~ Interactive LENTEN Meditation #12 ~ John 6: 15- 21

 


John 6:15- 21

When JESUS therefore perceived that they would come and take HIM+ by force, to make HIM+ a king, HE+ departed again into a mountain HIMSELF+ alone.

And when even was now come, His+ disciples went down unto the sea, and entered into a ship, and went over the sea toward Capernaum.

And it was now dark, and JESUS was not come to them.

And the sea arose by reason of a great wind that blew.

So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see JESUS walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid.

But HE+ saith unto them,

It is  I+ ; be not afraid.

Then they willingly received HIM+ into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

+  +  +

The LORD JESUS had finished pouring out HIMSELF+ to feed  likely more than  5,000 people who had come from far and wide to hear HIM+.

After all THAT excitement, HE+ sent the people away and His+ disciples entered a boat to go out of the Tiberias area and go towards Capernaum, on the Sea of Galilee.

But The LORD JESUS Himself+

went up into a mountain alone.

 

The implicit understanding is that HE+ wanted to be alone, without any others around HIM+.

Darkness befell the disciples and the wind and waves became rough while they were rowing towards Capernaum on the sea.

THEN SOMETHING UNUSUAL HAPPENED:

HE+ came to them

. . . walking on the sea.

 

They saw HIM+ and were afraid, Scripture tells us.

 

But HE+ saith unto them,

It is I+; be not afraid.

John 6:20

And, HE+ joined them in the ship.

 

THEN SOMETHING ELSE UNUSUAL HAPPENED:

The ship was

 immediately at the land

where they were going !

+  +  +

What KIND of a MAN was THIS ?

+  +  +

LET US PRAY:

O LORD, YOU+ tell me not to be afraid, but I am.

YOU+  tell me to rest in YOU+, but I do not.

YOU+ call me to do what looks utterly impossible to me, so I avoid it.

So then,  YOU+ call me to be STILL, like YOU+ were, going up to the mountain by Yourself+ , alone, to be with The FATHER.

This I can do.

When I am stilled and quieted, then I too can receive YOU+ into my boat. 

When I am stilled and quieted, then I too can rest in Your+ Guidance. 

Even when I do not know where I am going. 

Even when I do not know how to take myself there. 

When I am stilled and quieted, then MY BOAT will immediately be at its destination, for . . .

its destination is YOU+ !

+  +  +

Worthy is the LAMB+ !

Worthy is the LAMB+ !

Worthy is the LAMB+ that was slain

to receive power, and riches and wisdom

and strength and honor and glory and blessing !

+  +  +

No comments: