3/20/2021

Eating DEAD Bread or LIVING BREAD+ ? ~ Interactive LENTEN Meditations # 18 ~ John 6:30-33

 


 They said therefore unto HIM+, What sign shewest THOU+ then, that we may see, and believe THEE+ ? What dost THOU+ work?

Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written,

HE gave them bread from Heaven to eat.

Then JESUS said unto them,

Verily, verily, I+ say unto you,

Moses gave you not that Bread from Heaven;

but  My+  FATHER  gives you 

the TRUE BREAD+  from Heaven.

For the Bread of GOD is HE+ coming out of the  Heaven, and giving Life to the world.

[ Literal Greek, John 6:33 ]

 

        Q. 1: The LORD JESUS changed the verb tense, saying “Moses gave you not ( past tense) that Bread from Heaven” to the present tense in the next clause of that sentence.  

So, WHO now gives the Bread+ from Heaven in the present tense ? ____________________________________________________

 

YES, His+ FATHER gives, in the present tense, right now.        

 

Q. 2: What was His+ FATHER giving to the people RIGHT at the time that The LORD JESUS spoke to them ? ___________________________________

 

YES, The FATHER was giving the people the true Bread+ of Heaven.

 

Q. 3:  The bread , manna, which came down from Heaven during the Exodus fed the physical man, but the Bread+ which The FATHER gives out of Heaven feeds the _____________ man.  

 

YES, The FATHER feeds the spiritual man with the True Bread+ out of Heaven.

       

     Q. 4: Physical bread , even that which falls from Heaven as it did in the Exodus, sustains temporal, earthly life.

    But the TRUE BREAD+ out of Heaven sustains EVER-__________ Life  .

 

YES, The TRUE BREAD+ which The FATHER gives us out of Heaven sustains EVER-LASTING Life.

        

 Q. 5: Which BREAD is more important ? ______________________________________________

 

YES, The BREAD which sustains Ever-Lasting Life is the most important because Eternity lasts a long, long time.

+  +  +

For the Bread of GOD is HE+ coming out of the  Heaven, and giving Life to the world.

[ Literal Greek, John 6:33 ]

 

Q. 6: WHO is this “BREAD of GOD” coming out of Heaven and giving Life to the world ? _______________

 

YES, JESUS was the BREAD+ of GOD coming out of Heaven and giving Life to the world .

 

Q. 6: How do we receive nourishment from our daily physical bread ?

____________________________________________

 

YES, we must eat it. It must go into our system . It will not nourish us if we only look at it and NEVER MAKE IT A PART OF US.  

 

Q. 6: How do we receive nourishment from our spiritual  Bread+     ? _________________________________________

 

The same way.

+  +  +

The LORD JESUS said:  

Whoso eateth My+ Flesh,

and drinketh My+ Blood,

hath Eternal Life;

and I+ , I+ will raise him up

at the last day.

John 6:54

+  +  +

LET US PRAY:

O Holy FATHER, YOU made a way for me to have True Life: I must eat the True BREAD+ which YOU give out of Heaven.

YOU sacrificed Your Holy SON+ Who+ did no wrong, for me, who can scarcely do right.

The True BREAD+ from Heaven sacrificed His+ Life to give me Eternal Life. . .  as I eat and drink His+ Body and Blood, as I eat and drink His+ Life. 

 

O LORD, help me to stop eating dead bread, the bread of my earthly interests which bring NO LIFE TO MY SOUL. 

 

Instead, help me, O Holy FATHER, to eat the Living BREAD+ out of Heaven and learn NOT to mingle myself in the affairs of this earthly live.

 

O FATHER, I spew forth out of my mouth that dead bread which belongs only to my temporal, earthly existence

. . . so that YOU+, LORD JESUS, will NOT spew me forth from Your+ Holy Mouth on Judgment Day.

 

For I know that eating dead bread makes me dead; eating Living BREAD+ makes me alive, quick, and living.

 

I pray this in the Holy Name of JESUS CHRIST our SAVIOR+,

the ONE+ Who+ became the Passover Bread for the 5,000

and became the True, Living BREAD+ of Life for the countless millions who have spewed forth the dead bread of their worldly interests that they might eat the LIVING+ BREAD of CHRIST.     Amen.   

 

 

No comments: