3/15/2021

Laboring for the REAL FOOD in Life. . . Interactive LENTEN Meditation # 16 ~ John 6:27


The LORD JESUS said,

Labor not for the meat which perisheth,

but for that meat

which endureth unto Everlasting Life,

which the SON+ of Man shall give unto you:

for HIM+ hath GOD The FATHER sealed.

+  +  +

        Q. 1: What word means “food” that we eat daily ? _____

YES, “meat” does not mean the cooked flesh from animals, but all kinds of other food, in the KJV. When the KJV means animal meat, it calls it “flesh”.  

Q. 2: The LORD JESUS said that our true labor in this life is not to be for physical food because it is temporary and it ­­­­­­­­­­­­_______________.

YES, everything temporal perishes with the using.

Our consuming labor is not to be upon obtaining our temporal needs such as food because temporal things will not last very long.

Our TRUE labor is to SOW TO THE SPIRIT and not to the flesh. The Apostle Paul told us in Galatians 6: 7-8:

Be not deceived; GOD is not mocked:

 for whatsoever a man soweth,

 that shall he also reap.

For he that soweth to his flesh

shall of the flesh reap corruption;

but he that soweth to the SPIRIT

shall of the SPIRIT reap LIFE EVERLASTING.

+  +  +

We sow to the SPIRIT every time we include The LORD JESUS  in our thinking, in our heart’s desires, in our plans. 

We sow to the SPIRIT every time we submit our thoughts, our plans, our words unto JESUS.

Our daily work which must be done MUST be done with the FIRST PRIORITY of pleasing HIM+ in it, in all ways.

When we leave HIM+ out of ANYTHING we are doing, we are sowing to our flesh.

The LORD JESUS is not telling us to “stop working” to pay our bills and buy our necessities. No, rather HE+ is telling us to take EVERY STEP HOLDING HIS+ HAND. 

We consult with HIM+ continually, 

about every thing, AS WE ARE DOING IT. 

YES, We SUBMIT each work-plan, each work-thought to The LORD JESUS and let His+ LORDSHIP prevail in the work-place as well as in the Church.

 

Q. 3: There is something that DOES last long. What is it? The food that ___________________________________

YES, the food that endureth unto Everlasting Life lasts a long, long time.

        Q. 4: Where do we obtain such marvelous food ?

_______________________________________

YES, from the SON+ of Man, which is another title for The LORD JESUS.

        Q. 5: How do we obtain it from HIM+ ?

________________________________________

YES, The LORD JESUS shall give it to us AS WE SOW TO THE SPIRIT, AND NOT THE FLESH.

The Apostle Paul warns us NOT to pretend we are serving GOD when we are serving our flesh. HE+ is not obligated to bless our natural-minded , Adamic ways. 

 

We WILL REAP whatever we sow; this DIVINE LAW is one that cannot --- is not able --- to be abrogated or set aside.

 

Q. 6: “For” starting a clause usually means “because”.

Re-write the “For” clause , using “because”

______________________________________

YES, because HIM+ has GOD The FATHER sealed.

Q. 7: This “seal” means to “stamp, set approval upon, mark as approved, attest” . Who+ has GOD The FATHER signified as meeting HIS approval ? ______________________________________________

YES, The FATHER’S Beloved SON+, JESUS CHRIST, SON+ of Man, SON+ of GOD was marked with the approval of GOD The FATHER. 

This was BECAUSE The LORD JESUS did always those things that pleased The FATHER. 

And THAT was BECAUSE The LORD JESUS continually included His+ Heavenly FATHER in His+ thoughts, in His+ Words, in His+ actions. 

WE CAN TOO.

   +  +

 

LET US PRAY:

O Dear, Precious, Heavenly FATHER,

I, too, want to be marked with Your Approval.  I, too, want to hear those words:

“Well done, thou good and faithful servant; enter thou into the joy of thy LORD.”

I thank YOU for providing my daily labor, that I may buy my food and other needs.

Help me, LORD, that it does not consume my every thought through the day !

That it does not greet me every morning. That it be not the last thing I think of at night. That it does not awake me from sleep, with its insistent problems and plans.

Help me NOT TO SAVOR my daily labor, but to savor Your Beloved SON+ JESUS CHRIST.

O LORD JESUS, help me to INCLUDE YOU+ into every one of my plans at my work. Show me how to do my work TO PLEASE YOU+, in every thought, in every project, and in every conversation as I work.  

Help me to be about Your Kingdom’s work in my heart, regardless of the hours I spend every day at my necessary job.

That I may glorify YOU+ in every moment of my life, be it at work, at home, or at church, or in my prayer closet.

 Indeed, make my life a “prayer closet” as I go about submitting my thoughts and work to YOU+ daily.

In Your Righteous and Holy Name, LORD JESUS, do I lift up this cry of my heart. Amen. 

 

 

No comments: