3/12/2021

TAKE MY+ YOKE . . . Interactive LENTEN Meditation # ~ 15 Matthew 11:28-30

 



The LORD JESUS said:

Come unto ME+,

all ye that labor and are heavy laden,

and I+, I+ will give you rest.

 

Take My+ yoke upon you, and learn of ME+;

for I+ am meek and lowly in heart:

and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

 

For My+ yoke is easy, and My+ burden is light.

+  +  +

        Q. 1: Who does The LORD JESUS call to Himself + ?

        Those who __________ and are ________ laden.

YES, all the ones who are crushed with labor and are heavy laden with burdens. That would include everyone except new born babies, it seems. Even little children who are neglected or abused have a tense, worrisome look upon their dear little faces.  

and I+, I+ will give you rest.

Q. 2: Here, the Greek text has a “emphatic” subject, one that is repeated. It is “I+”.  Who is this “I+” ? ________________

YES, JESUS is the emphatic “I+”.

Q. 3:        What will JESUS give to all those who are crushed with labor and are laden down with burdens ? ___________________

YES, HE+ will give them rest. HE+ will un-yoke them from their load and give them a place to recover from carrying that load.

Take My+ yoke upon you, and learn of ME+;

        Q. 4: When we lay down our HEAVY yoke, we exchange it for another. Whose YOKE do we take upon our self , then ?

The yoke of ______________.

YES, the yoke of Our LORD JESUS, the ONE+ Who+ knows us best and loves us most.

        Q. 5: When we agree with HIM+ and take up His+ yoke upon us, we ___________ of HIM+. 

YES, when we agree with HIM+ and take up His+ yoke upon us, we learn, learn, learn of HIM+.

for I+ am meek and lowly in heart:

 

 

Q. 6: Oftentimes “For . . .” starts a clause and it means “because”.  Re-write this clause which starts with “for” and put in “because” in its place:

______________ I+ am ________ and ________ of heart.

YES, let’s put it together now in that verse:

        Take _____+  yoke upon you, and learn of ______ +;

___________  I+ am meek and lowly in heart:

 

In other words, The LORD JESUS is telling us BECAUSE HE+ is meek and lowly of heart, we can be assured HE+ will not crush us when we come to HIM+, needy, hurting, and open to correction.

Take My+ yoke upon you, and learn of ME+;

for I+ am meek and lowly in heart:

and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Q. 6: How do we find rest for our souls ? 

First, Take  _______________________

and then ____________________ of HIM+.

 YES, when we take His+ yoke upon us and then learn of HIM+, we will find rest for our souls.

For My+ yoke is easy, and My+ burden is light.

        Q. 7: “For” at the beginning of a clause most often means “ because.”  So, re-write this last clause using “because” instead of “for”.

____________________________________________________

YES, Because My+ yoke is easy and My+ burden is light.

It answers the WHY we are able to find rest for our souls:

For this reason, because His+ ________ is ________ and His+ __________ is light.

Q. 8: WHY is His+ yoke so light to bear ?

Because HE+ is on the other side

of that yoke,

pulling it for us.

+  +  +

LET US PRAY:

O LORD JESUS, I have ignored Your+ instructions and NOT come unto YOU+ when my burdens have crushed me down.

 I have tried to carry them all alone. I thought there was no-one to help, no-one who truly cared.

Thus, I had no more room to carry Your+ yoke.

If I could not carry Your+ yoke, I could not learn of YOU+.

And my burdens became heavier, heavier than I ever thought possible until I nearly despaired of hope.

NOW, I repent of thinking I could carry the burden of my life, the burdens of my heart, the burdens I have gained through my own choices.

But YOU+, O LORD, knew I made my own choices and YOU+ knew the burdens my choices were going to become !

Yet, YOU+ have called me to lay them at Your+ feet and take up Your+ yoke and learn of YOU+.

So here they are, each burden one by one. They are impossible for me to bear any longer. I give them each to YOU+.

And, here are my shoulders.

I take Your+ yoke upon me.

Help me to walk exactly where YOU+ want me to walk. Help me to do exactly what YOU+ want me to do. Show me how to carry my necessary responsibilities, Your+ Way now.  

I will live life Your+ Way.

For YOU+ alone are The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Thank YOU+, LORD CHRIST, for bearing my burdens, taking them to the Cross at Calvary.

In Your+ Precious, Life-Giving Name I make these, my imperfect prayers, LORD JESUS, Amen.

 

 

 

No comments: