3/22/2021

Are You CONSTANTLY Coming to JESUS and CONSTANTLY Believing on HIM+ ? OR --- Are you MORE constantly listening to the spirits of doubt and fear ? . . . Interactive LENTEN Meditation # 19 ~ John 6:33-6:35

 


 

For the Bread+ of GOD is HE+ Who+ cometh down from Heaven, and giveth Life unto the world.

Then said they unto HIM+, LORD, evermore give us this Bread+.

And JESUS said unto them,

I+ AM the Bread+ of Life:

he that cometh to ME+ shall never hunger;

and he that believeth on ME+ shall never thirst.

+  +  +

Now, let us see these verses in a more EXACT translation from the Greek. Most of the changes have to do with the present active PARTICIPLE. Note the words in BLUE.

6:33 ~ For the Bread+ of GOD is HE+ descending out of  Heaven, and giving Life unto the world.

Then said they unto HIM+, LORD, evermore give us this Bread+.

6: 34 ~ And JESUS said unto them,

I+, I+ AM the Bread+ of Life:

he coming to ME+ shall never hunger;

and he believing on ME+ shall never thirst, no never.

+  +  +

        Q. 1: In verse 33, from where is JESUS descending ? _________________________________

 

YES, JESUS HIMSELF+ tells us that HE+ descends from out of Heaven.

 

Q. 2: In verse 33, what is HE+ doing after HE+ enters our world ? __________________________________________

 

YES, HE+ is  giving  LIFE to the world.

 

Q. 3:        Did the people hearing HIM+ want the Bread+ of Life? _____________________________________

 

YES, they asked HIM+ to give it to them forevermore.

       

Q. 4: In verse 35, The LORD JESUS tells them plainly WHO+ this “Bread+ of Life” is.

He _____________ this by repeating the pronoun “I+”.

 

YES, The LORD JESUS repeats the pronoun “I+” to emphasize it in the narrative account.

       

Q. 5: In the Greek, the active present participles  here are functioning as ADJECTIVES. They describe a CURRENT, on-going, un-ending action.  

How do they describe the person seeking JESUS ? 

He is currently  ____ing to JESUS and he is currently ________ing into JESUS.  

YES, the person seeking to walk with JESUS is always coming to HIM+ and is always believing into HIM+.

 

Q. 6: Because those words are active present participles¸ they denote un-ending, on-going actions.

So, what does THAT tell you about a person who really wants to FOLLOW CHRIST ?

That person will constantly be ______ing to HIM+ throughout the day.

He will constantly be _______ing into HIM+ throughout the day. 

Should these activities stop or cease once a person is Saved and made into a New Creature in CHRIST ? _ _ 

 

Correct ! These actions should NEVER STOP once a person is Saved and made into a New Creature in CHRIST. 

In fact,

COMING to JESUS and BELIEVING into HIM+

should become more intense,

more total in our life

the longer we walk with HIM+.

+  +  +

LET US PRAY:

O LORD JESUS, I have long since come to YOU+, but I have been carrying the weight of my life upon my own shoulders far too long.

I have worried about my money, my job,  my health, my family, and my friends . . . instead of bringing all of these things to you and leaving them there.

I have tried to reason out things for myself.  I have pondered instead of prayed. 

In anxiety, I have feasted instead of fasted.

In short, I have sown to the flesh just like I always did before I was Saved.

I have not sown to The SPIRIT.  My eyes have been fixated on my struggles and sorrows instead of

COMING

and

BELIEVING.

 

Instead of coming to YOU+, O CHRIST, I have fed the arm of flesh.  Instead of believing into YOU+, LORD JESUS, I have trusted in my own power to figure things out.

And I have failed.

So now I repent for fleshing out in my mind and listening to my lying emotions.

I repent for looking at the demon of fear’s pictures instead of the HOLY SPIRIT’S words.

Here am I, LORD JESUS. I am coming and believing . I want no more hunger and no more thirst in my spirit.

I want that Bread+ of Life which will fill me up with hope and joy.

I will CLING TO YOUR+ TRUTH and come to YOU+ with prayer and fasting, to draw near to YOU+, and to come into Your+ Presence.

Then, YOU+ can correct me and put me back again onto the path of life, and I can serve YOU+ without fear.

Please accept my repentance and cleanse me of walking in my own counsel instead of Coming and Believing constantly, daily, hourly, and minute by minute in YOU+ and in Your+ Truth.

Please accept my repentance for not serving YOU+ ; I know I cannot serve “worry” and serve CHRIST at the same time !  

This I pray in Your+ MOST HOLY NAME, LORD CHRIST, Who+ lives and reigns forever and ever. Amen.  

 

 

 

No comments: