12/09/2020

#10 ~ . . . BE IT UNTO ME . . . ADVENT 2020




Luke 1:38 

38 And Mariam said, 

Behold the handmaid of The LORD; 

be it unto me 

according to Thy Word. 

And the angel departed from her.

+  +  +


There seemed to be NO STRUGGLE for Mariam to submit to the unique and strange tidings brought  to her by the angel Gabriel. 


Mariam had submitted her life to The LORD .


So when HIS Angel brought her these tidings that she, Mariam, was going to be the birth mother of the MESSIAH+, 

Mariam's response was one of submission.


First of all, she AFFIRMED to the angel,

her true position before The LORD


"Behold"  ~  Look and see 

"the Handmaid " ~ I am a servant-woman

" of The LORD " ~ belonging to The GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob


Then, she AGREED with His WILL: 

"Be it unto me according to thy Word "


Let this be

 a good measure 

of our own submission 

to The WILL of The LORD.

 


How  do we respond to His+ WILL ? 


Like Mariam or like our Adamic nature ?


Do we whine? 

Groan ? 

Grimace ? 

Protest ? 

Reject it ?


Must we have an angel sent to us from Heaven

  

in order to walk 

in submission to the WILL 

of The LORD ? 


Chances are, Mariam did not "need" an angel of The LORD in order to convince her to do the Will of The LORD.  


Perhaps because of her youth, Gabriel was sent to announce these tidings to her, to explain to her the plan, and to assure her heart. 


Surely, Mariam, though young, was well aware of what COULD happen to a virgin of Israel who was found with child, being unmarried. 


Her compliance from her heart  must have been known by The LORD, for HE sent blessings to her.


How do we measure up . . .

when HIS WILL leads us through adversity 

. . .even  through the Valley of Death ?

 

+  +  +

LET US PRAY:


Dear Heavenly FATHER, I know Your Will is good for my life, for YOU love me and order all things for my good. 


I thank you for the adverse things YOU have allowed into my life, things I would never have chosen for myself. 


I am sorry I do not praise YOU more for bringing Your Will to come to pass for me, in these adversities.   


I know all things DO WORK TOGETHER for good for me because I love you, for I am called according to Your purpose. 


Teach me to do Thy WILL, for Thy Will is good.

 

Grant me vision to look ahead and see the purpose YOU have planned for me through these seemingly adverse circumstances, that I may praise YOU without ceasing. 


This I pray in the Life-Giving Name of The LORD JESUS CHRIST, Who+ , for the JOY that was set before HIM+, endured His+ Cross. Amen 



No comments: