6/14/2019

Section 8 ~ REPENTANCE and RESTORATION~ The Liturgy of The WORD




SECTION EIGHT ---  REPENTANCE and RESTORATION

The Liturgy of The Word, part 8

 .

The meek will HE guide in judgment, and the meek will HE teach His way.

Psalm 25:9
.

For GOD sent not HIS SON+ into the world to condemn the world,

but that the world THROUGH HIM+ might be SAVED.

John 3:17


 .

Who can understand his errors? 

Cleanse THOU me from secret faults.

 .

Keep back Thy servant from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me:  then shall I be upright and I shall be innocent from great transgression. Psalm 19:12-13

 .

For the wages of sin is Death;

but the gift of GOD is Eternal Life

through JESUS CHRIST our LORD.

Romans 6:23

+  +  +
.

Let us pray the Psalm of Repentance, Psalm 51 :
.

51:1 Have mercy upon me, O GOD, according to Thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
.

51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
.

51:3

For I acknowledge my transgressions:

and my sin is ever before me.
.

51:4

Against THEE, THEE only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Thy sight: that THOU mightest be justified when THOU speakest, and be clear when THOU judgest.

 .

51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and into sin did my mother conceive me.
.

51:6

Behold, THOU desirest truth in the inward parts:

and in the hidden part

THOU shalt make me to know wisdom.

 .

51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
.

51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which THOU hast broken may rejoice.
.

51:9 Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O GOD;

and renew a right spirit within me.

 .

51:11

Cast me not away from THY presence;

and take not THY HOLY SPIRIT from me.

 .

51:12 Restore unto me the joy of Thy Salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit.
.

51:13 Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto THEE.
.

51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O GOD, THOU GOD of my Salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of Thy Righteousness.
.

51:15 O LORD, open THOU my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth Thy praise.
.

51:16 For THOU desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: THOU delightest not in burnt offering.

51:17

The sacrifices of GOD are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O GOD, THOU wilt not despise.

 .

51:18 Do good in Thy good pleasure unto Zion: build THOU the walls of Jerusalem.

.
51:19 Then shalt THOU be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.
.



Let us Beseech The LORD* in the Prayer of Daniel the Prophet:

* Adonai [ Ad-dohn-eye ], which means “Lord”,  often refers to The MESSIAH, The LORD JESUS CHRIST in the Old Covenant:
.

O, ADONAI, hear;

O ADONAI, forgive;

O ADONAI, hearken and do;

Defer not, for Thine+ own sake, O my GOD;

For Thy City and Thy People are called by Thy Name.

Daniel 9:19

+   +  +
.

Our Commitment Unto The LORD:
.

And now, O LORD, we present unto THEE+,

our Selves,

our Souls,

and our Bodies,

to be a Holy and Living Sacrifice unto THEE+,

Which is our REASONABLE SERVICE.

 .

Let the words of my mouth, the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy+ Sight , O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
.

. . . and let NO INIQUITY have dominion over me. Psalm 19:13
.

 Send out Thy LIGHT+ and Thy TRUTH+, let them lead me, let them bring me unto Thy Holy Hill of Zion and to Thy Tabernacles. Psalm 43:3

 .

Let us pray:

O GOD , our FATHER, Who for our Redemption didst give Thine Only-Begotten SON+ to the death of the Cross.  And by His+ glorious Resurrection has delivered us from the power of the adversary. 
.

GRANT us so to die daily from sin that we may evermore live with HIM+ in the joy of His+ Resurrection, through the Same, Thy SON+ JESUS CHRIST our LORD, WHO+ lives and reigns with THEE and Thy Blessed HOLY SPIRIT,  --- ONE GOD --- forever and ever, world without end. Amen.

+  +  +






No comments: