4/07/2023

HOLY WEEK ~ 2023 ~ GOOD FRIDAY ~ No Man Took HIS+ LIFE from HIM+; HE+ GAVE IT

Therefore doth My+ FATHER love ME+,

because I+ , I+  lay down My+ Life,

that I+ might take it again. 

John 10:17

 

No man taketh  IT+  from ME+,

but I+ , I+  lay IT+ down of Myself+.

 I+ have power to lay IT+ down,

and I+ have power to take  IT+ again.

This Commandment have I+ received

of My+ FATHER. 

John 10:18

There are two SEPARATE pronouns in these two verses --- the subject pronoun “I+” ---  making the pronoun EMPHATIC because it is repeating itself.

[ In Greek, the subject in usually included in the verb form, not as a separate pronoun. ] 

When that kind of grammar appears, HE+ wants us to pay STRICT attention to what HE+ specifically will do.

What is it that The LORD JESUS will do and only HE+  alone will accomplish without the help of man ?

The LORD JESUS stresses and emphasizes  twice facts about His+ peculiar assignment:

HE+ Himself+ is going

to place His+ own Life on the altar.

       HE+ Himself+ is going to take it up again.

+  +  +

Belligerent, angry, violent, and hate-filled man

CAN NOT TAKE His+ Life from HIM+.

Can not = is not able

HE+ Himself+ controlled when HE+ was to die. 

HE+ died at the time of the Evening Sacrifice in the Temple, at 3 p.m., “the Ninth hour” of the ancient Hebrew day.  Matthew 27:46

Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. Matthew 27:45

And about the ninth hour JESUS cried with a loud voice, saying,

ELi, ELi, lama sabachthani?

that is to say, My+ GOD, My+ GOD,why hast THOU forsaken ME+ Matthew 27:46

+  +  +

Looking at the Greek reveals this FACT:

JESUS sent away His+ spirit.

JESUS, when HE+ had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the spiritMatthew 27:50 

ὁ δὲ ᾿Ιησοῦς πάλιν κράξας φωνῇ μεγάλῃ ἀφῆκε τὸ πνεῦμαGreek

And (then) JESUS , again having cried out with (a ) great voice, sent forth the spirit. Literal Greek

Dismissing His+ spirit exactly AT THE APPOINTED TIME, at the 3 p.m. time of the Evening Sacrifice of the PASSOVER ,

HE+ became the LAST and FINAL 

PASSOVER LAMB+ of GOD.

+  +  +

WORTHY IS THE LAMB+ !

WORTHY IS THE LAMB+ !

WORTHY IS THE LAMB+ !

That+ was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing !

No comments: