3/02/2017

ASHES to ASHES...





REMEMBER:

You are dust, 
and to dust 
you shall return. 

Repent, 
and believe the GOSPEL+. 

+  +  +

In the Name of Our LORD JESUS CHRIST,  the invitation is extended to each and every one, to a season of self-examination and repentance. The Season of Preparation for the remembrance of the Great Passover, the Great Pascha, is upon us. 

Let us therefore spend time in  thinking upon the Mirror of GOD'S HOLY WORD ... and the reflection we see of ourselves in it.

All are invited to make a right beginning of repentance and to COME at the Invitation of Our HOLY LORD JESUS CHRIST WHO+ said:

Come unto ME+
all ye that labor 
and are heavy laden

and I+ will give you rest.

Take My+ Yoke upon you 
and learn of ME+, 

for I+ am meek and lowly, 
and ye shall find rest 
unto your souls. 

For My+ Yoke is easy, 
and My+ burden is Light.
Matthew 11: 28-30
+  +  +

Have mercy upon me, O GOD, 
according to Thy lovingkindness: 
according unto the multitude 
of Thy tender mercies 
blot out my transgressions.


Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Against THEE, THEE only, have I sinned, and done evil in Thy sight: that THOU mightest be justified when THOU speakest, and be clear when THOU judgest.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 

Behold, 
THOU desirest truth 
in the inward parts: 
and in the hidden part
THOU shalt make me 
to know wisdom.


 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which THOU hast broken may rejoice.

Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.


 Create in me a clean heart, 
O GOD; 
and renew a right spirit 
within me.

Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy HOLY SPIRIT from me.


 Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto THEE.
 

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O GOD, THOU, GOD of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of Thy righteousness. O LORD, open THOU my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth Thy praise.


 For THOU desirest not sacrifice; 
else would I give it: 
THOU delightest not 
in burnt offering. 

The sacrifices of GOD 
are a broken spirit: 
a broken 
and a contrite heart, 
O GOD, 
THOU wilt not despise.

 Do good in Thy good pleasure unto Zion: build THOU the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt THOU be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.
 Psalm 51
+  +  +
 


No comments: