Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Monastic-At-Heart Meditation : "Judged by the Light of the Sun"

Photo by The Order of the GOOD SHEPHERD+
"O, Earth, Earth, Earth: 

Hear the Word of The LORD !"
2 Corinthians 1:12

For our boasting** is this, the testimony of our conscience that in simplicity and godly sincerity*, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the Grace of GOD, we have had our conduct*** in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. 

~ Judged by the Light of the Sun ~


The word "sincerity" is, in the Greek, 

heili + krineia

which is a compound word made by combining Sun with Judgement. Hence the literal meaning* is "judged by the sun" . The word "GOD" is in the genitive, thus showing possession = of God. 

Thus, in the clearness of day with nothing hidden by the darkness, how are we seen ? What exists upon our conscience that we might have to answer before GOD ?

~ ~ ~ WORSHIP ~ ~ ~

O GOD, THOU knowest my foolishness, and my sins are not hid from THEE.

 O, Worthy is the LAMB+ !
Worthy is the LAMB+
Who+
walks in the Light,
in Whom+ there is no darkness at all. 
Worthy is the LAMB+  
that was slain! 

Against THEE, THEE only have I sinned, and done this evil in Thy sight: that THOU mightest be justified when THOU speakest, and be clear when THOU judgest. 

O, Worthy is the LAMB+ !
Worthy is the LAMB+
Who+
walks in the Light,
in Whom+ there is no darkness at all. 
Worthy is the LAMB+  
that was slain! 

But if we walk in the Light, as HE+ is in the Light, we have fellowship one with another, and the Blood of JESUS CHRIST HIS SON+ cleanseth us from all sin. 

O, Worthy is the LAMB+ !
Worthy is the LAMB+
Who+
walks in the Light,
in Whom+ there is no darkness at all. 
Worthy is the LAMB+  
that was slain! 

~ ~ ~  PRAYER  ~ ~ ~


O LORD, Precious SAVIOR, I thank THEE+ for calling me into The Light... the Light of Thy+ Life, the Light of Thy+ Countenance. 

I turn over unto THEE+ the thoughts and deeds done in darkness, where I have hidden my ways from THEE+. 

Upon the altar of Thy+ Love I place these things that have darkened my countenance. Upon the altar of Thy+ Grace I confess my sin before THEE+. 

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow, that I might reflect Thy+ glory, O LORD, and bear perfect testimony for THEE+. 

I pray these things in JESUS' name. 
Amen. 

* KJV = sincerity, which is okay, but the Greek word meaning is explained by the Analytical Lexicon by Timothy and Barbara Friberg.

** KJV = rejoicing, but in the Greek that word is "boasting" 

*** KJV = conversation, but in the Greek that word means behavior, manner of life when there are explanations of the kind of behavior given in the verse ( BAGD, for the Greek reference). 
  

No comments: